New website, books and culinary events encourage anaphylaxis awareness and readiness
Mylan N.V. (Nasdaq: MYL) is pleased to announce today the launch of new resources featuring Disney content and programming, designed to help families living with potentially life-threatening (severe) allergies understand the importance of anaphylaxis awareness and ensure they are ready to respond in case a life-threatening allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) occurs. The unique multimedia content, created by Disney in collaboration with Mylan, focuses on the importance of having an anaphylaxis action plan in place, the critical first step of which is avoiding allergic triggers. The new resources include an educational website, MyAllergyKingdom.com, a children’s story book and cookbook, and food allergy-friendly programming at the 2015 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival this fall.
- “Mylan has been a leader in the efforts to educate families about severe allergies, the importance of avoiding allergic triggers and being ready to respond to anaphylaxis. Our expertise coupled with the magic of Disney storytelling can help support families managing severe allergies in an effective and engaging way,” said Mylan CEO, Heather Bresch. “We are thrilled to be able to bring these initiatives to life for the nearly 43 million people affected by severe allergies across the country who need support.”
- Today, MyAllergyKingdom.com launched to provide helpful features for families managing severe allergies, including recommendations, tips and real-life stories from experts and parents. The materials on the website help address a serious topic that can sometimes be frightening in a non-threatening way. The website will be updated every month with new educational content, including:
- Expert tips and tricks from parents who share smart strategies for managing severe allergies.
- Tips for newly diagnosed patients to help find their “new normal” for living with severe allergies.
- Recipes for meals and treats the whole family will love – all free of the top eight food allergens.
- Blog posts from food allergy moms Angie and Teresa highlighting their own families’ stories.
- Crafts and projects specially designed for children with severe allergies, as well as information about local events.
- Savor the Magic Sweepstakes, where people can enter for a chance to win a Walt Disney World Vacation with a special dining experience at one of three Walt Disney World Resort restaurants.*
Later this year, Mylan will distribute two books created by Disney Publishing Worldwide for families living with severe allergies. “Show & Tell Scout” is a children’s story book featuring Scout, a young fox living with severe allergies to peanuts and milk. With the help of Mickey Mouse and friends, Scout learns how to teach his friends – and readers – about how he manages his severe allergies, including the importance of having an anaphylaxis action plan. A cookbook featuring more than 40 unique recipes inspired by some of the most beloved Disney characters will also be available this year.
This fall, Mylan will sponsor a series of food allergy-friendly programs and culinary demonstrations at the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival at Walt Disney World Resort. The events will feature notable chefs and food-allergy moms sharing recipes free of the top eight food allergens and highlighting tips about how to manage a severe allergy, whether at home, dining out, or on vacation.
To learn more, and to find other helpful resources regarding anaphylaxis and severe allergies, be sure to visit www.MyAllergyKingdom.com.
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open only to persons who are legal residents of the 50 U.S. or D.C. and who are not minors as defined by their state of primary residence or who are not a healthcare professional (or a member of healthcare professional’s family). Sweepstakes starts 12:00 AM (PT) on 8/12/15 and ends 11:59 PM (PT) on 9/30/15. Limit one (1) Entry per day, per Member/person. There is only one (1) prize available to be won. For full official rules, visit http://www.disney.com/savorthemagic. Sponsor: Disney Online, 1200 Grand Central Avenue, Glendale, CA 91201.
© 2015 Disney. All rights reserved.
© 2015 Mylan Inc. All rights reserved.