10 Things You Should Know
1. Magic Opening Week
· The Orlando Magic will open the regular season at home on Wednesday, Oct. 28 against the Washington Wizards at 7 p.m. and Friday, Oct. 30 at 7 p.m. against the Oklahoma City Thunder. Orlando has an all-time record of 18-8 in home openers, including a 97-86 win on Oct. 31, 2000, the last time the Magic played the Wizards in their home opener. For the best opening night performances in Magic history, click here: http://www.nba.com/magic/gallery/cohen-8ball-ranking-magics-best-opening-night-performances
2. Pure Magic Tip-Off Presented By Chase
· The Orlando Magic and Chase are celebrating the tip-off of the 2015-16 season with events, contests and giveaways. On opening night, the team will be introduced with state-of-the-art special effects, and all fans will receive a fan-designed T-shirt as voted on by fans in the 6th Man Design Contest. On Friday, Oct. 30, the first 5,000 fans will receive a light-up thunderstick at the door. Concourse entertainment for both games will include face painting, balloon art, a photo booth, a caricature artist and a Wii gaming station. Also for both games, fans can visit Fan Fest presented by FanDuel on Church Street beginning at 5 p.m. Tickets are available for purchase online at OrlandoMagic.com, at the Amway Center box office (located on Church St.), at all TicketMaster outlets or by calling 1-800-4NBA-TIX.
3. Magic and Chick-fil-a
· On October 28, visit Chick-fil-a locations throughout Central Florida for special giveaways. Magic magnets (16,000 total) will be distributed at all 32 Central Florida locations until supplies last.
4. Magic Exercise Team Options
· The Orlando Magic have exercised their third-year options on forward Aaron Gordon, guard Shabazz Napier and guard Elfrid Payton, while also exercising their fourth-year team option on Victor Oladipo. All four players are now signed through the 2016-17 season.
5. Habitat for Humanity Key Dedication Ceremony
· On Oct. 26, for the seventh consecutive season, the Orlando Magic and Habitat for Humanity partnered to present the keys of a brand new home to a deserving Central Florida family. Magic Community Ambassadors Nick Anderson and Bo Outlaw, STUFF and Magic Dancers surprised the Rodrigues family at the key dedication.
6. Magic and Chase Court Refurbishment
· In honor of Hispanic Heritage, the Magic and Chase unveiled the basketball court at Three Points Elementary School on Saturday, Oct. 24. Orlando Magic guard Elfrid Payton, Magic Community Ambassadors Bo Outlaw and Nick Anderson, Magic Dancers and the Magic Blue Crew were part of the celebration. The court refurbishment was part of the events Chase and the Magic are hosting in October being billed as the “Pure Magic Tip-Off Presented by Chase.” For the story, click here: http://www.nba.com/magic/news/orlando-magic-chase-and-magic-guard-elfrid-payton-celebrate-hispanic-heritage-court.
7. Jr. Magic Youth Clinics
· As part of Jr. NBA Week and “Pure Magic Tip-Off Presented by Chase,” the Magic hosted three Jr. Magic youth basketball clinics throughout the Central Florida area on Thursday, Oct. 22 to engage youth in the fundamentals of the game. The clinics at the Downtown Recreation Center, Goldenrod Gym and Dr. Phillips YMCA featured fit stations and visits from Magic players and coaches. For the story, click here: http://www.nba.com/magic/news/magic-celebrate-jr.-nba-week-three-jr.-magic-youth-basketball-clinics.
8. Magic Host Hoop It Up
· The Orlando Magic and 104.5 The Beat will host the Hoop It Up 3×3 Tournament on November 7 and 8, 2015. Hoop It Up Orlando is an outdoor basketball tournament, which features three levels of competition: recreational (playing for fun), competitive (playing to win) and top gun (playing for glory). Teams will consist of four players, ages seven and above with no restrictions on team format. All interested teams can register at http://www.hoopitup.com.
9. Single-game Tickets On Sale
· Single-game tickets are now on sale for games through January 31, 2016. For ticket information and a full schedule, log on to OrlandoMagic.com, visit the Chase box office at the Amway Center or call 1-800-4NBA-TIX.
10. Magic Preseason
· The Magic finished preseason play with a record of 6-2. Nikola Vucevic led the team in points per game (14.9) and rebounds per game (7.1). Tobias Harris, who shot 56.9 percent from the field, averaged 13.1 ppg., while Shabazz Napier added an average of 11 ppg.